10-1145 Alpine Glacier Express 3 Car Basic Set Powered
The Glacier Express is an international sightseeing train, one of the icons for Switzerland which is familiar to many people in the world. Running through the Swiss Alps from Zermatt to St. Moritz over two separate railways, it travels slowly, making the journey in a luxurious 8 hours so that the passengers can fully enjoy the magnificent Alpine landscape from the trainís panoramic viewing windows.
This release will represent the train in its post-2006 appearance, with the new large-windowed "premium coaches". It is scaled at 1/150 scale in order to ride on N gauge track, as the prototypical train is a narrow gauge train.
- GE4/4-III locomotive #644
- Panorama 1st Class Coach A #Ap1314
- Panorama 2nd Class Coach #Bp2535
- Model features:
- Smooth rolling Kato trucks with all wheel electrical pickup.
- Directional headlights on the Ge4/4-III locomotive (10-1145 only).
- Optimized truck rotation on both locomotive and cars to allow the trains to go around a minimum R150mm (approx. 6") radius.
- The Ge4/4-III can pull the train up a maximum 5% incline.
- As this is a Japanese release of a European style train, it will come with factory installed Rapido style couplers.
Fast UK Delivery